As a service to our membership, we will post your job opportunity for free for one month. IIDA Members and Chapter Partners will receive preferred placement on our page. We will make note of these job postings in our weekly QuickNews newsletter. For employers, utilizing IIDA NPC to post an employment opportunity is a great way to find and attract educated, well-informed, and qualified design applicants in the Pacific Northwest.
NAC Architecture – Interior Designer – Seattle, WA
One part Creative Ninja. One part Design Pro. One part Envelope Pusher. Is this you? Then let’s talk!
NAC Architecture is seeking a smart, energetic, fun, and “can-do” multi-tasker with a passion for enriching the communities we live in to join our team in Spokane. NAC is a national firm with over 180 employees in Los Angeles, Seattle and Spokane with a mission to engage with communities to create places that advance learning, enhance wellness and enrich lives.
At NAC Architecture, we are more than just a group of architects, planners, interior designers, engineers, and professional staff. We are thought leaders, researchers, trail blazers, experience experts, and innovators. We are passionate team members dedicated to bringing our clients’ ideas to life.
This position will collaborate with other Interior Designers, Architects, and Engineers to develop design solutions for clients in a variety of project types. The ideal candidate will love working in a fast-pasted environment while meeting tight deadlines, can work independently as well as part of a team, and has a great sense of humor.
Along with the usual perks*, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to grow your skills and knowledge. Plus, you’ll have the chance to work with a dynamic group both in and out of the office.
Minimum qualifications include:
-Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field
-5 years of interior design experience specifically in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, 3D and other modeling software programs
-Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
-Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
-Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
Must be an excellent leader with the discipline and focus to lead projects through completion.
Apply today by submitting your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
*We offer competitive salaries and full benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k)/profit sharing plan, paid holidays and personal time off, training and development opportunities, and more. NAC is a great place to work—come join us!
JPC – Interior Designer – Bellevue, WA
JPC Architects is looking for an Interior Designer to join our firm.
Here at JPC, we think outside the box and challenge norms to create attractive, innovative, cohesive spaces that exceed our clients’ expectations. Our collective team of architects, interior designers, and technical staff is committed to excellent client service and superior design.
We have celebrated over 30 years in business, growing to a staff of 70 talented team members. At JPC, you can expect to find a dynamic, fun, and creative environment. Our culture fosters collaboration and the pursuit of fresh ideas.
We work hard and have fun doing it. Not only will you find us creating amazing designs for our clients, you’ll also find us celebrating staff birthdays and anniversaries, giving back to our community, working out together at our onsite gym, enjoying happy hours, and coming together as a team to reach our goals.
We are looking for an experienced Interior Designer II to work on a variety of commercial interior architecture projects across broad markets from corporate offices to retail, healthcare, hospitality and education. You may contribute to the design as a team member on larger projects, or work more independently under the supervision of a project manager or principal for smaller design projects.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Completing full design packages from programming through construction administration
- Developing space plans that are thoughtful, creative, viable and meet the client’s goals and aesthetic
- Participating in, and at times lead, client and internal project visioning and meetings
- Developing and writing basic furniture packages
- Executing comprehensive lighting specifications and plans
- Creating and delivering finish presentations
- Completing site verifications and site surveys
- Preparing full set of construction documents
- Assisting project managers with construction administration
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- 5+ years of experience in the design and construction of commercial interior architecture spaces
- Strong graphic and visualization skills
- Ability to effectively communicate design ideas and direction verbally and visually
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with coworkers, clients and other key stakeholders
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Strong documentation and field observation skills
- Ability to interpret and incorporate abstract concepts into concise, accurate drawings and details
- Initiative, attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines for multiple, fast-paced projects
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign
To find out more what it’s like to work at JPC, check us out on Instagram.
JPC offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits including; flexible work schedules, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, 401K, and more.
Apply online at: www.jpcarchitects.com/careers
Aedas – Interior Designer / Interior Architect – Seattle, WA
Aedas is an award winning international design firm seeking a high caliber candidate to provide design leadership, creativity, ingenuity, and support to diverse projects in Seattle.
- Based full time in Seattle for work on commercial and institutional projects
- The candidate will both lead and support the design and production of a range of projects with direct client interaction
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design from a NCARB or CIDA accredited institution
- No less than 3-5 years of prior professional experience
- Actively working toward professional licensure as Registered Architect or NCIDQ
- LEED accreditation desired
- Proven experience with the fit out of creative office and/or research workplace
- Firm understanding of all phases of programming, design, permitting, and construction
- Experience and knowledge of detail application of ADA standards and life safety codes
- Technical proficiency with fit-out and tenant improvement construction documents, including detailing, specification, and MEP coordination
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong graphic design acumen
- Excellent knowledge of materials and furniture sourcing
- FFE specification experience preferred
- Proficiency with Adobe Design Suite, Revit, and MS Office required
Aedas provides opportunities for long term career development within an award winning international design practice, as well as an attractive compensation and benefit package.
Interested parties should send detailed resume, work samples, and availability to Jeffrey Goupil (email@example.com).
Email over 5MB will not be accepted.
Please no calls or drop-in visits.
Aedas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Atelier Drome – Interior Designer / Interior Architect – Seattle, WA
Atelier drome, a close-knit architecture studio based in pioneer square, is searching for another fantastic designer to join our team. Our work (see http://atelierdrome.com/) spans a wide variety of typologies and scales. we enjoy working on furniture design, bars and restaurants, new construction homes, small scale mixed use and everything in between.
Potential team members should appreciate the following: Laughter, hard work, random acts of studio kindness, multi-tasking, dogs, music, tight deadlines, Slurpee’s, collaboration, doughnuts, agility and creativity. We are currently looking for a full-time interior designer/interior architect to join our team. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, team-oriented and able to adapt to a dynamic fast-paced studio environment. This candidate will also have the following qualifications:
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ability to multi-task is a must; managing, collaborating and supporting the team on a variety of project types, phases and scales. A willingness to blur the lines between architecture and interior design is essential.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects while effectively meeting deadlines
- Assist the design team by researching and preparing concept images based on each client’s individual tastes.
- Draft floorplans, elevations and details into AutoCAD for full construction documents.
- Build complete SketchUp models and utilize photo-rendering plug-in software to create presentation images.
- Source and specify fixtures, finishes and furnishings.
- Manage and Organize materials library, in collaboration with interior design team/interns etc.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, SketchUp and MS Office Suite; Revit experience is desired but not required
- Knowledge of furniture, materials and building finishes
- Understanding of or desire to learn about furniture procurement is a plus
- Accredited in interior design or Interior Architecture
- 3-5 years of interior design experience
- Strong conceptual and schematic design skills
- An understanding of the phases of a typical design project
- Familiarity with local product showrooms and vendors is desired but not required
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO allowance
- Dental Insurance option
- Simple IRA Option
- Compensation is competitive; will be commensurate with professional work experience
Please email resumes and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls regarding this position.